How long should i use a bassinet before putting her in the crib?

I have a crib, but my girlfriend just gave me a beautiful bassinet, which i would like to use. I have never used one with the boys.

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we kept my son in a bassinet next to our bed until he met the weight restriction. then we moved him to his crib. we were nervous about the transition but he seemed to adjust instantly :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We used it until her head and feet touched each end (outgrown it) and then switched to the crib.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think until she gets too big for it. Lol my soon to be 6 month old is almost too long for hers so I will be putting her in the crib soon. *Tear* it's going by too fast! lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• When they start rolling over and theres a chance they may climb over you should put them in the crib
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Use it till she starts to reach and kick the botton of it with her toes. Or hitting the sides with her hands. You will realize when she is too big for it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Until the baby gets too big or too active. Mine all got too active before they got too big. I moved all of mine to their cribs between 3 and 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We switched to a crib when my son was 4 months old, I didn't realize it when I bought it but the bassinet we had, had a 10 pound weight limit.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I started putting my son in his crib when he was about 2 months old. And that was when he started sleeping through the night. We were both keeping each other up being in the same room. Cuz every lil noise he made woke me up and then id be checking on him waking him up.hehe. It was just best for us. But I say whenever you are ready, or baby is getting to big.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We switched our daughter to her crib once she was trying to sit up. I think she was about 5 months old.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• look at the weight limit on the bassinett, and like others said, once your baby is too tall for it they need a bigger bed. i am going to move my daughter in her crib once she starts sleeping through the night or untill she grows out of it.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2009