breaking baby from the swing?

My son is almost one and is way too big for his swing. Every once in a while I can get him to nap in his crib, and he goes to bed in his crib every night no problem. But something with napping, the majority of the time he will stand in there and bawl until I put him in his swing and then hes fine. THe darn thing is starting to creak. And he wont nap at anyone elses house either. How do I break him from the swing since hes way too big for it. And I cant handle listening to him cry for more than 5 min or so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait a minute.. you can't handle him crying for more than 5 min or so? OMG Honey, that poor child is going to be spoiled rotten because you can't stand to hear him cry? You don't think he has that figured out already.... LOL. I can see him in the driveway crying when he turns 16 because you didn't get him the right kind of car... and you running off to retrieve the correct car for him. Well, good luck with that situation. Look if you want a child to be broke of any habit, you are going to have to listen to crying. Good Lord Almighty... they cry because THEY WANT things not because THEY NEED things. There is a difference.... there is a difference. You are an adult, stand up and be one! Goodness sakes....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My DD went through the same thing.It finally got to the point that for her safety(the swing was going to break) she had to learn to cope w/o the swing.When it was nap time she went in her crib...she cried for a while but then she stopped.I would sometimes let her take a nap in the swing outside(one of the playschool blue and yellow infant swings that attaches to a reg swing set)I could get some yard work done or just hang out and read a book while she slept.Either way you go about it you baby is going to cry,guess you could just carry him around forever?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009