Placental Abruption???

I will be going to a high risk specialist Wednesday...in the mean time I would like some encouraging stories of some that have had this.

During my 19 week ultrasound the US tech noticed it, and scheduled us for the specialist. I am not bleeding, have no cramping, and the baby's heartbeat was normal, and the baby still moves often! I just get little anxious!

If there is anyone with a similar experience please let me know how it turned out for you!

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my son at 26 weeks, from placenta privia. But that doesn't mean you would have your baby early. Also had a friend who had similiar to me, but she had her daughter at full term.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 10:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I had Placenta Abruption at 36 weeks with my DD. Thankfully we lived so close to the hospital because we both could have died. It was really scary. I thought I was going into labor I had horrible lower back pain and I was laying in bed I said to myself "when my waterbreaks I'll go" I felt a gush and walked to my sister's room I said "wake up my waterbroke" I fliped on the light to see it was blood not water. We made a mad dash to the hospital where the did a ER c-section. Thankfully we made it so quick and we were both fine. I'm not trying to scare you, but this condition is very serious. I see bed rest in your future : ) good luck I hope everything turns out OK
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• There is a difference between real placental abrupt ion and "the tech thought she saw something." I wouldn't worry about it unless the specialist does. They practise so much CYA medicine now days that if they see anything at all they can't ignore it or take a wait and see attitude. It is probably nothing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2009