Pet supplies??

what are the best, we just got a dog and i dont have a clue what in doing, they say shes fully potty traind, but what if she goes inside??? What is the best wash for kids with allergies? she has dry skin what the best wash for her?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 10:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pets

• My lab has had problems with dry skin. In fact he has been mostly bald. I started using Aussie Moist shampoo on him. His dry skin went away & his hair grew back.

treat your dog like a child and he will not disappoint you.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wash for kids? Um, I thought you were talking about a dog. If you child has allergies from the dog, that might not have been such a good idea to get a dog. If the dog goes potty inside, you clean it up. That is part of being a dog owner. You have to still show the dog where he is expected to use the potty... they don't come to you knowing your rules. You have to teach them your rules. If you are inquiring as to the dog being washed, for the first time, take it to the groomers and let them teach you what he needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• well if she goes inside you need a good disinfectant and cleaner.. or get training pads and teach her that if she is in and cant get out to go to it. i use dawn for fleas since i live in the woods but i also like to use just a normal kids shampoo for them because if it is sensitive enpugh for kids then itll work or the dog..there no reason to pay 5.00 for a soap that says it kills fleas and such when it doesnt..ive tried all the hartz shampoos and no one them workd so i gave up. we just got a new inside dog so we dont need flea shampoo so i just use the johnsons baby shampoo. make sure the dog has a area where the dog food is and bed and such so it doesnt have to keep searching for it ... plus if it get hingry itll know how to show you by standing by the bowl...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Also a good potty training tip is to make sure you stick to a routine. Go in and out the same door so they will know that's where to go when they need to. I use the cheap shampoo for sensitive skin on our dogs, that's if I bathe them myself, otherwise I take ours to be groomed every 2-3 months. It's good to start them young with grooming whether it's at home or at a groomer.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• lol.. wash for the kids.. i mean for there allergies... is there a wash i could get?
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 11:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If the childrens are allergic to the dog, there's not much you can do.

For the dog's skin, try and find a shampoo for sensitive skin. My dog had really bad eczema. She's been dead since June and I don't have the shampoo anymore...or I would tell you what I used.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009