Why do people ask for help?

Why do people ask for help, telling you they would do almost anything to find a way of helping their family have a better financial status, but then, when they are offered a real opportunity to become independant & create some income with some real effort, They always pick something easy, like charity etc. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• LOL! You tell me why. I own a business... it's in multiple states and I can't find anyone to work for the sake of my soul. No one wants a job... they want FREE money handed to them. Companies are hiring right and left for Christmas help, but go ask them how many applicants they have... NONE. YUP... No one wants to work. Funny, isn't it..... Well, we will all be laughing when there is no more FREE money any more in a few years and these people will either find a job or die off.... That's what its coming to...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Some people are lazy, some people are sick, there are a lot of people in a lot of different situations
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Because the world it too full of lazy ass people. I have never heard of someone opt for charity work, I have heard of people selling their stuff so they dont need to get a job. I find that not only irresponsible, but inconsiderate, and lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• when they are offered a real opportunity to become independant & create some income with some real effort

I think it depends on what you are referring to. Some people offer these work at home chances but you have to pay to do it, and when I'm already broke and scrambling to feed my kids and pay my bills, I'm not going to spend $200-300 on something like that. (I'm not saying that I struggling like that, just using myself as the example since it's how I think.)

But if you mean a real job, that doesn't require them to spend money, then I would agree with shyma, that it depends on their situation, and it's kind of hard to judge when I don't know what they are dealing with.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• oh i love how they ask how i work fromh ome and they say no investment..any busines sis gana have an investment.. ya if you wana get little pay and do surveys all day then do it but if you wana work a few hours a day and make a real paycheck then do it..and dont complain.. i started a business and i had to put 1000 into it because i needed a business license and people to work for me and paperwork and all that junk but these home businesses online you just have to pay for the paperwork which isnt much.. people just wana get paid for doing nothing.. which doesnt happen ..i dunno where they grew up..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Anon 10:38 the reason you keep hearing about 100's of applicants for open jobs is people want to keep their benefits. They need evidence of a job search without wanting the job. To keep getting the FREE money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You're going to bring in more money on unemployment, free medical and food assistance than by working. The feds recently increased benefits another 20 weeks. People whine there are no jobs and employers can't find reliable help. They want to get fired after a week to keep their benefits and blame the economy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Don't people realize that any REAL business opportunity is going to take a bit of time, effort and money to get off the ground?! Anything you can do for nothing sounds like a scam to me! Now take networking businesses, (I-commerce) There is a startup fee for under 300$ and you can start making money right away, with the proper help & effort. The on-line businesses are growing like crazy, why would anyone not want to take part & benefit from it?(I asked the original Question)
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:59 is right. Where I work, people call all the time and ask if we are hiring, when I say "no" they are happy, yes, happy, because they can use me for their list of places they tried to get hired!
    Anonymous