Is anyone in the wake of Ida?

It looks like it has weakened and hopefull it will weaken more before making landfall. Right now it looks like it's aiming for the MS / AL border. If you live close, are you just preparing for a strong storm or are people going crazy?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you.
    We had a TS earlier in the season and it hardly rained. The gas stations are all full and running out of unleaded gas. The guy in front of me filled up his truck and seven red gas containers! I get more nervous watching the people around me than by the actual storms.
    I live in a concrete house, we'll be fine. :)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Thank good ness we are to far West, in Oklahoma.

Answer by louise2 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/150211.shtml?5-daynl#contents

I think it was yesterday that it was still projected to be a Cat. 1 when making landfall, but it looks like that has changed too, thankfully. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I am. No fun. I filled up the gas tank just now and we have plenty of water. I don't really think it's going to amount to much but people here are freaking out.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I hope it's mild for you Jackals. I think people are used to freaking out, but it looks like right now it's just shy of hurricane status. I hope it weakens a lot before making landfall.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not any more, we sold our house two weeks ago.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I live in SE Louisiana and we were until it turned to the East. When people heard a storm coming this way everyone freaked out and started buying out supplies in the stories, crying and telling Katrina stories.

Jackal_ I agree. I get more nervous and agitated watching the crazy people around me then about that actual storm.

Luckily, it has downgraded to a TS. Nothing us Southerners can't handle.

Hope everything fairs out fine!
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We are still going to get some wind and water but nothing directly.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I am. Mobile,AL.......right in the line of fire! Filled up my tank and picked up some batteries! ALL the counties around have schools closed....but not us. I am pulling mine early. It a TS now WOOHOO!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• good luck momof. Hopefully it will continue to weaken significantly and there won't be anything to worry about other than finding a place to store batteries until next hurricane season.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009