Who's Hiring?

I'm looking for another job. I'm interested in Detroit, MI and surrounding areas. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cakestylist

Asked by cakestylist at 11:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• There are more great job hunting tips in the Job Hunting Moms Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Don't know if this is even an option for you, but I work at home with my own business I started a few months back. I have a 5 year old in school, and 2 year old at home with me and one on the way! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! I would love to get you more information and answer any questions that you may have. My website is www.beingunited.com or my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon, I would love to help you out! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Going into business for yourself is the only way to go in this economy. check this out and let me know if it works for you www.jointnt.com/nicolemuschett. It involves nutrtion and weight loss
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009