Has anyone wanted to make a fresh start, start over, get rid of almost everything except for the kids?

I want a new start. Pick up and declutter the things in my life that are waying me down. Move away from the town I live in, get a real job. I would now but I have no money. What are ways that I can take baby steps in this process and one day achieve this goal. Ideas, anyone.
litninbug

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One drawer at a time. We've recently started decluttering our lives. Anything we no longer use is being put in boxes and out the door they go. Our family room looks fantastic. The money from selling this stuff is going to paying down bills so that we will have more freedom to do what we want to do. So that we are not owned by our stuff.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Well, if you're looking for a 'real job' I'd consider going back to school to pursue the career of your chocie. Most jobs that make decent pay require a college education or technical school training. I'd figure out what you want to do and work from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Change it to "except the Kiddo and Hubbie" and I'd say yes. We moved 2 months ago, but that isn't as much of a fresh start than erasing the past BS would be.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Heck ya!! We are working on doing that right now and Im hoping to be moved and someplace we want to be by mid next year.

My best advice, start with decluttering the stuff you dont need. Save up money where you can.

For us, decluttering is the worst part cuz we hate it LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes. Four years ago, we (my husband, two kids, and me) picked up and moved across the country for a fresh start. We put the house on the market, sold it in 3 days, and moved two weeks later. We put our lawyer as power of attorney and told him to wire us the money when the house closed. We even moved into a place we had never seen before because we didn't want to fly here to house hunt. Starting over completely was an amazing experience! It was honestly the best thing we've ever done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Why do we have to keep the kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009