Did you hear, he is awake and talking?

WASHINGTON -- An Army hospital spokesman says the Fort Hood, Texas, shooting suspect is conscious and able to talk.

Dewey Mitchell, the spokesman for Brooke Army Medical Center, told CNN that Hasan has been speaking with hospital staff but was unable to say whether Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan has been speaking with Army investigators. Hasan was taken off a ventilator over the weekend.

Meanwhile, whether Hasan is associated with the Sept. 11 hijackers is something the FBI will probably look into, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

The family of the alleged Fort Hood shooter held his mother's funeral at the same Virginia mosque that two Sept. 11 hijackers attended in 2001, at a time when a radical imam preached there.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/21554408/detail.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:10 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe we will find our something, one way or another
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hopefully he has the balls to talk to investigators and tell them why he did what he did. Then we can put some speculation to rest.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I bet he talks in riddles or claims to be crazy. No telling. It would be much easier if he'd just say, "hi, yes, I'm a killer and I did it because....." but I'm thinking he won't. I also bet there is so much security where he's at that you have to have a blood test and have two copies of your own birth certificate to get in there. Dang it, someone give him some sodium pentothal and hope for the best! ;P
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If he CLAIMS to be crazy than he is NO. Crazy people don't KNOW they are crazy, they think they are the most sane and think they know and understand things you don't.

Sane people fear they are going crazy...so if you ever FEEL that, get help, you aren;t crazy yet!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If he is sane, he will know how to act crazy. It is possible that we may never know the truth.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

I agree with this.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Why is he the "alledged" shooter? Didn't people see him do it! Don't we know for sure?!
    Anonymous

• So this means he won't be getting all those virgins after all?
    Anonymous

• The whole he wouldn't know he is crazy thing is not true I have been studying psychology for a while and I'll tell you most shrinks who are crazy have no med. record because they self diagnose and medicate. As for the other stuff it is more than likely he is crazy to my dh buddy in fort hood and he said the doc was taking heavy psych scripts. Plus was said to be acting weird for a while like talking to himself and answering. Plus when some thing is wrong with you you are usually the first to know. Also The said screaming about Allah could be he was crazed and in fear for his own life so he was acting out of reaction. I think we all should wait and see if he is proved to be associated or not, before going into a panic.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Aren't all terrorists mentally imbalanced?
    Anonymous