delivered on the 4th- extremely swollen feet

my feet have become so swollen

my toes dont touch the ground and i cant get the swelling down- noticed last night at 9pm

i am on ibuprofen, percocet and the antibiotic cephalexin - which doesnt list this as a side effect

i am bfing and not dehydrated?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your dr (atleast I would)...I wouldnt think its normal for them to be that swollen for that long...you can try lying with your feet up above the level of your heart and see if that helps...did you have a c-section?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• vaginal, i had them up for a little
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Call your doctor. Extremely swollen feet can be signs of complications. Swelling is normal after giving birth, but not to the extent that you're explaining. I would call your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i had a c section and my feet were swollen so bad it was not even funny. i thought i was going to have stretch marks on my feet. i am not even kidding. but it lasted about 2 weeks and just went away one day. just try and prop them up as much as you can.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes, I was the same as you (and twinsnseptember above) it's all that extra fluid/ blood that you've been carrying around and now gravity is taking it all down to your feet. Argh! i feel for you! I had no idea my feet would end up looking like blow up balloons after labor, but it doesn't last. DRINK, DRINK, DRINK lots of water,even if you're not dehydrated, it's a great way to flush everything out. Also, I know this is hard, but try and keep moving, walking really helps shift the fluid around and then lie down with your feet elevated. Good luck and this will pass.
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 9:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009