Holiday Craft Ideas with my Toddler

I would like to do a holiday craft with my toddler that I can give to all of his grandparents, any Ideas?

Mamaof2boys1802

Asked by Mamaof2boys1802 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• you can make little christmas trees. trace his hand on green construction paper ( 6 hands per grandparent), cut out the hands. trace his foot on brown construction paper. ( 1 foot per grandparent), cut out foot.

put the hands in a triangluar form, with fingers facing up ( 3 on bottom, 2 in the middle, 1 on top), use the foot for the trunk. glue onto a piece of construction paper, then decorate it as you wish. (glitter, pon pons, ect) you can trace more hands if you want to make a bigger tree.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Check out the group Handmade Holidays for TONS of ideas. We are painting cardboard oatmeal boxes and filling them with homemade cookies. He also makes cards for almost every holiday - I cut out a big shape, say a pumpkin or a Christmas tree, and he glues stuff onto it that I have also cut out (eyes and mouth for the pumpkin, ornaments for the tree, etc), and colors on it, and adds stickers. You can make a brown footprint into a reindeer - toes point up, the heel gets a red dot for a nose, add handprints at the top for antlers.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I am all about the excellent foam sticker boxes at AC Moore. They've got holiday themed ones, and you just hand him stickers to peel and stick. Grandparents think the children are brilliant. You have a stress free craft. Win all around.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• One of my all time favorite gifts I got from my kids at Christmas was a laminated foot print and or handprint hung on a red or green ribbon for my tree. It has their names and dates on it and I love them more with each passing year. So easy to do. Just paint their little hand or foot, press on nice paper. Write name and age and date on them, laminate them, cut them out, punch hole in top for ribbon and there you go..ornaments that never lose their meaning.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Thsnks for the great ideas!!Keep them coming
    Mamaof2boys1802

Answer by Mamaof2boys1802 at 7:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009