really smelly stool

My son's stool has been really really smelly for the past week or so. I can't even compare it with anything..just gross. He's two, and only occasionally has solid poo. The smelly stool started out really runny, but has gone back to the in-between consistency.. Should I worry? I don't think there's anything different about his diet..but I'm working part time and he's with his father in the mornings usually. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe he's had a lil touch of the stomach bug. esp if it started out runny. there's just no mistaking a sick babies poo.....ya gross, but true right? lol it may just not have been real bad, and now its probably going to go back to normal since its getting more solid. just make sure he's hydrated. o and just to check, he hasnt found the halloween candy stash has he? or a stash of sweets, fruits? sometimes those kiddos get things we never expect lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009