Period is wack what do you recommend

My daughter is one year 2 months now. After mt initaly 6 weeks bleeding after she was born I didnt have a period for the rest of her first year. Dr said not to w0rry thats common with bf mom and birth control. Oct 1st I got my first period in about a year (No surprise since I was weening my daughter) However since Oct 1st I have had my period on and off. It will be there three days not for one back again after that day gon for two back for two. It is crazy! Is this normal? What do you recommend?

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 11:16 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• I'd go talk to your doctor :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'd wait 3 months before going to the dr. It may just take a few cycles to get yourself straightened out. Unless your bleeding is super heavy or you're having a lot of pain, I'd give it a little while and see if it straightens out.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• With both of mine when my period restarted after a year. I was on the mini pill and breastfeeding(weaning). My ob/gyn said that my body was trying to restart. Since for me it had been months of this funky bleeding she put me on the regular pill. This dried me up, but we were all but done anyway.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2009