No motivation

I have absolutely no motivation. I'm a single mom and go to school full time. I have a daughter who I love more than anything but playing with her feels like a chore. I honestly just want to lay in bed and sleep ALL the time. I don't want to go to school but I want to provide for my daughter and be a good mom so I go. Sometimes I really hate my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sweetie, I think you are depressed! I don't know what you insurance status is--but you maybe need a doc appointment, you have ALOT on your shoulders, it is draining to keep up with everything life doles out, if you are NOT on antidepressants of any kind, try ST. Johns Wort and maybe if you can take a break for yourself once in awhile...sound like you need someone to vent to, and you don;t want your DD to feel your resentment, ther is nothing wrong with getting some help--good luck, and hang in there!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You have a very full plate and are needing a break. It's normal with all of us. I'd check (as above comment said also) with your dr and make sure something else is not involved besides feeling overwhelmed . Take a sick day and share it with your daughter-plan on nothing else than you and your daughter. Then try and take a few hours and just "chill" read a book-watch movie-take a long bubble bath-take a walk- whatever and just slow down for a few. I understand you can't find the time for it but your gonna burn out if you don't . I've tried alot of times over the years to do this at least once a month-some months it's impossible but you do need it. and the alone one on one time with each of my children is priceless. Good luck to you and try and take one moment at a time .
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009