What is the "perfect" wife

So this kind of goes back to that question about being a 1950's wife/mother. What does a "perfect wife/mother do? What is the responability of this "perfect wife/mother?

wantherout08

Asked by wantherout08 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No one is "perfect".
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It does not exist, lol. No matter what you do, you'll never be perfect. But imo, it's the perfect housewife, mother, wife (Has the house spotless, dinner ready by the time dh gets home, Bubbly, always in a good mood, Always looks good, perfect mom, great obediant kids.. yeah, it's impossible, lol)
    Anonymous

• Nonexistant, just like Mr. Right.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• No one is "perfect". but a good wife will make sure her home is reasonably clean, meals are made, kids are bathed and you have deep respect for your husband. love yourself and be supportive of your husbands decisions and have a shoulder to lean on. Now alot of this depends on how dh is. in my home dh does most of the cooking, he loves to cook, and helps me clean every now and then, he does alot with the kids. i do support and respect him deeply.
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:19 said it "perfectly", haha!

She gets best answer, IMO.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have no idea, but I'd like to know where to get one! lol
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I do the whole 1950s wife role and I work full time as well. I get off before my hubby and I make sure his dinner is on the table the kids are bathed and have already eaten. I do all the house hold chores and make sure his evening at home is restful and as comfy for him as possible. I always make sure I have fresh make up on and that I do my hair just before he comes in. the kids are in their room playing and we always greet him at the door to welcome him home! I make sure I make the night his. I know he works hard and deserves to have a stress free evening. I always give him what he wants. I have never told him no about anything. I respect him and he respects me! Call me crazy but it is the way things should be in my opinion!
    Anonymous

• I can't insert the picture so I will give you the link instead :o)

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp

ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Perfect is all in the eyes of the beholder. If your family is happy with everything then you are the perfect wife. If keeping everything in order and clean etc.. makes you and your family happy then you are the perfect wife. If your hubby doesn't mind you telling him to do stuff and laundry doesn't get done on time and there are dirty dishes in the sink and everyone is happy in your family then you are the perfect wife. For one to judge others idea of being perfect isn't realistic. What I think is perfect and what another feels is perfect is usually quite different.

Anonymous

• Reading Proverbs 31 in the bible shares with us the "ideal" wife. Perfect, though? Can't happen!
    Pea22

Answer by Pea22 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009