Anyone else ever have this fear?

I'm 6 days away from my due date. I was having so many BH for a couple of weeks & then last week they just stopped. I'm horribly afraid that I'm going to go into labor & not realize it & I will be pregnant forever. I know this can't happen, but I'm just anticipating the birth of this child SO much. What irrational fears did you have at the end of your pregnancy?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 12:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That my body could never go back to normal. I went 2 weeks over, back in the old days when they didn't induce half of all the biths. I would stand naked in front of my full length mirror and cry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• even if you don't know you are in labor, you will still have your baby. just might be at home =)

i started to feel around 40 weeks that i would be pregnant forever. i had my son at 41 weeks, and definitely knew when i was in labor. i never had BH until the night before.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my fear now with this 2nd pregnancy is that i will be in a hospital where they will push interventions on me like IVs and EFMs. but i think i will be fine because i am doing all of my research and making sure i am somewhere i am comfortable for the birth.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I went three days over my due date and it felt like an eternity lol I can't even imagine what two weeks would've been like! I seriously thought I would be pregnant forever and never again know what my feet or private parts looked like. I was due on May 14, water broke at noon on the 16th, and I delivered her the 17th at 2:20 am. I know you don't want to hear this now, but enjoy being pregnant while you can. Embrace every little (and big) kick, just hold on to every moment of it because trust me, you will miss it! As much as I love watching my daughter grow and learn new things, I still miss feeling her kick. Best of luck to you mama and congrats on the little one!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i'm kinda the same! im due TOMORROW and i had fairly strong contractions on Saturday, along with the nausea I had told my OB about 2 days before, and she had told me to go in if I had them again so I did. Well turned out they were actual contractions, but not strong enuff for them to keep me and stuff so they sent me home. well i was having like 4 in an hour and i'm dilated to 3cm and everyone figured they would go ahead and break my water but they didn't. anyway, i now feel like how am i ever gonna know because my contractions have stopped and the women in my family tend to have non-typical contractions so i figure i'll end up barely getting to the doctor in time or something, because my hospital is so unhelpful and couldn't even tell me when to come again. i am prolly gonna switch with next pregnancy
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The best thing you can do is walk. Walk, walk, and walk some more. Especially up stairs! That'll get things moving lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Even with my second child I feared that I'd go into labor and wouldn't know it. That'd I'd end up in the bathroom giving birth in the toilet or something.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009