I hate being poor!!

I just wrote a vent about being poor and I still have so much to say. I really feel down and out. I am lost and don't know what to do. I don't know how to be successful at least not w/o a college education. Im really trying and Im still in the dumps. I can't afford to go to college I dont have 18,000 laying around the house. Financial will only pay 3,000. I applied for grants ..still nothing! I even went as far as writing Oprah to see if I could get some kind of grant for school. I feel like a loser right now. I will take any advice I can get right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you have a job? I dont understand how people with no jobs always sit back and complain about not having money and being poor. Does not make sense to me. I would love to go back to school but I cant afford it right now and will not allow my kids to go without bcause I know I can wait they need shoes clothes, and food now. Good Luck to you.
    Anonymous

• Another option is to start your own business, if you are the take-charge type. My husband and I started a cleaning business a while back and we make more than 100K per year now. I am not bragging, I am trying to show that even without a formal education, you can be successful with hard work and determination.
    Anonymous

• anon #1 you could have kept that to yourself! How do you know if I have a job or not?
    Anonymous

• Again you can make your own opportunities. Go out everyday and think what can I do today to improve me situation. Weather it is filling out endless job applications, taking night school, getting that dreaded loan. What ever it is do and make it happen. That is what makes rich people rich, making it happen and being wise with money. Check out this website for school money planning, http://www.nelnet.com/.

Were there is a will there is a way. Go make it happen.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Brainstorm of all the qualities you possess and then try to find answers from that point.

Anonymous

• Totally in the same boat. I do work, two jobs as a matter of fact and still can't make my mortgage. If you are working, do you just hate your job or your boss? Try to remember that this to shall pass and you are only given what you can handle. Cliches I know but they do work. As far as being poor, I am just taking each day as it comes. I try to be thankful for my beautiful kids, my loving husband and the fact that I am healthy. I went downhill for about 6 months and needed prescriptions to get me back to here and now-have you talked to your doc about depression? It's too hard to try to get up out of a funk if the chemical imbalance isn't taken care of. Please pay no mind to the attention whores who call themselves anonomous and post crappy things. If you need someone to chat or just vent to, please email me. You can only go up from here......:)
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What are you good at? make your hobby(s) work for you. Incorporate a business for yourself - LOTS of tax breaks. It cost about $200-$300. You can start a before and after care in your home (a licence doesn't cost much either, but check w/your state). Sell somethings on Ebay. Live Ops, you can work from home (with a $50 background check). Go to the pawn shop and buy like two ounces of gold (if you can find a good deal) and then try and trade it for a bar or just invest in currency trading (does better than the stock market). If you have a 401k take some out and buy a popular commodity and let the profit grow. I really suggest that you find ways to make your money work for you rather than you work for you money.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Go into business for yourself. I did it is the best thing I did. PM me if you want more info.
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2009