Because I just can not do it!

Ok I am a working mother and wife. I work from 6:30 am to 3:30 pm. I drop DD off at daycare in the morning and pick her up in the pm. When I get home I have to figure out what we are having for dinner and deal with a VERY active 18 month old. She is running around the house while I try to keep up with her. My DH gets home at 5:30 and wants dinner to be done! With on most days I can swing that. My real question here is HOW DO YOU FIND THE TIME TO CLEAN. I want a clean house that makes me less stressed and comfy. All I manage to get done is dinner and dishes, then it is time for DD bath and bed after all that I am beat and want to head to bed my self. How can I muster more energy to get my house clean?

wantherout08

Asked by wantherout08 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Make your cleaning day on Sunday... Then it's ready for the week, and just do a quick pickup during the week. Also enlist your SO/Hubby to help out. You can't, and shouldn't do it alone..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What I want to know is how did the women back in the day do if she can't do it now! reality is no one's house is 100% clean and everyone in the house has to pitch in!
    Anonymous

• You and husband make a list of chores and divide them by what you like to do, what you do well, and what you're willing to do. Every Saturday morning for 2 hours (or however long), BOTH of you do it together.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have the same schedule, but my little one is 2. I clean when everyone is in bed. If i'm really tired, then i'll just dedicate 10 min per room. the last thing i clean is the upstairs bathroom, when i'm done cleaning it, i jump in the shower and go to bed. On my day off, i do a thorough clean, washing walls, vacuuming the corners of the walls and the couch, i almost always find remnants of crackers in between the cushions, courtesy of my little boy, lol
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hubby just thinks I am lazy, but I work with kids all day (I am a school administrator) and when I get home I deal with our baby girl. I would not trade my life for anything. It just seems like I have NO energy at the end of the day. I am always dragging by and am so unorganized. I just need to get organized but do not know how or even where to start! I need a schedule and a guide I guess I just feel like I can never get caught up!
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009