cradle cap hair?

My baby is 5 weeks old. And he has cradle cap hair, I'm worried that it won't go away on it's own. He also has what looks like cradle cap but on his forehead, is that normal?

any advice on how to take of the cradle cap would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

e.v._Mom-2-B

Asked by e.v._Mom-2-B at 12:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We dealt with cradle cap until she was almost 9 months old then it finally went away...just use a soft brush and oil to remove what you can. It will go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My son was about that age when he got it too, his got so bad he lost the hair on the top of his head (no, I am not a negletful mother, the doctor told me to lave it for a few days, and three ays later he looked like an old man!) I used baby oil gel. it doesnt ake such a mess, and it stays on the head, and doesnt get all over everything else, and a sft brush, or I used a comb very carefuly and got all of it off . You can gt baby oil gel at walgreens or walmart, I know johnson and johnson makes it.
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• mines 2 .5 and still has it. Baby oil helps, or aquaphor works good too. THere are other home remendies that seem to help.
    Anonymous

• For my DD, I gentley massaged olive oil on her scalp and let it sit about 10 minutes before her bath. then I used a soft baby brush and brushed while her shampoo was in. sometimes I'd shampoo twice. then after her bath while she was nursing, I'd gentley brush again. Some people recommend head and shoulders. Before doing that I had let my stupid dr talk me into giving her an oral med when she was 1 mo old cause he insisted it wasn't cradle cap. It didn't even work and I still kick myself for giving it too her, especially since her new dr says he's never even heard of giving that med to a baby under 3 yrs!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I used baby oil and a cotton ball to massage the cradle cap away.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I agree with the other postings. Use baby oil on the scalp and give it a few minutes to absorb. Then gently brush or comb it away. My daughter seemed to enjoy the massage while I did it. I made sure to get all of it the first time and was lucky that it didn't come back. It took a while to work it all out.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Try California baby calendula cream.
    yolaa

Answer by yolaa at 4:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009