What's the longest you've been away from your kid/s since they were born? How old are they?

I've never spent longer than 5 hours away from my Son since He was born..even when I was discharged from the hospital and He had to stay an extra day, they allowed my Husband and I to stay the night with Him. He's 29 months now, and He doesn't flip out when I leave for a little bit once in a blue moon..so it's not like He's uber attached despite Us practically never being apart.

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 1:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The longest - When my son was 4 (he's 6 now) I had to go on a business trip that kept me away for 4 days... I was so sad :o(

ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• 5 hours for work. She's 17 1/2 months old. I can't stand being apart from her for too long!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We are currently raising a second generations. With our bio kids the longest they were ever apart from me was a week for camp. My husband was away numerous times for extended periods due to deployments. My Grnadkids are 5 and 6. We have managed 2 trips 6 days each time to Mexico while My mom and sister watched them. My oldest son was six weeks the first time I left him with my mom for about 6 hours.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I spent about 12 hours away fom my son when i was having my daughter, he was almost 3 at the time. I have never been away from my daughter and she is only 17 months old. If i go somewhere the kids go too. Hubby and i spend time together after the kids go to bed, we don't go out without our kids. I like it that way :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my son is 6 months old ... i went to atlantic city for my birthday, i was gone for two days.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Ours are 13, 7 and 6 yrs old. Every summer we go on a month long trip in our Semi, and our boys stay with family. Then when we get back we all go on a trip together. We've done this for about 3 yrs now ,and I'm not sure if we will this Summer since they all want to play ball this yr. Hubby will probably take about a month off from work this Summer and we will have some home time together.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Well besides when I had to leave my twins in the NICU for three weeks, the only other time I was away from them was to give birth to my youngest, for three days. Other then that, just a few hours here or there
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• DH and I try to take a vacation without the kids every other year and the last one was a cruise; we were gone for 7 days. The kids were 6. It was hard when thinking about it, but once we got on that ship, DH and I had a blast and the kids had one too hanging with their Grandma and Pop Pop.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Overnight. Hes 3.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I went away overnight when my bff got married. They were with grandma.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009