Should we go back to it?

My DH served in the military for 5 years, he was in for four, and was recalled for one. He has been out for almost 5 years. The other day a military truck went down the highway we were on. "Wow, look at that", he said. I looked at it, smiled, and responded, "Yeah, I miss it sometimes". "REALLY!!!?" he said. "So, do I, I miss being in uniform, I miss serving my country...I just...yeah, I miss it too". We have two children now, ages 5 and 2. We have been talking a ton over the past few days about him going back in. He works a an $10.50 hr, dead end job living paycheck, to paycheck, and he hates his current job. I know what it's like to be a military wife. I don't however know what it is like to be a military wife with two small children. I remember how I couldn't wait for him to come home, the worry, I don't really miss that. I just miss him being in though and we would be MUCH better off $$ wise, thats a fact. Advice, please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you can manage being a single mom while hes away becuase be honest, theyre ALWAYS AWAY, then go for it
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What branch was he in?

Makes a big difference especially with what's going in Afghanistan.

Don't do for the money.

Anonymous

• I have a 22 month old and 4 year old. Military wife, hubby currently deployed. I have good days and bad moments. I think it is easier to have children while he is deployed. Yes, the kids act out a bit, but that is to be expected. But they keep me busy and I have a reason to be strong most of the time. Late evening was our time, so that is the worst for me, very lonely. But it is being a single parent with a 2 parent income when he is gone. The stress of being the only one to do everything is what gets to me most, stressful. But also liberating, I can do what and how I want, no checking with the hubby. So if this is something that you can do. Then do it. As hard as it is when he is gone. It is a good life.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009