what else should my son be eating?

Okay, this may sound sily, but first time mom here. My son is 8months old. he gets formula, and cereal/fruits and veggies for dinner and breakfast, I hae recently started trying to give him lunch, I put formula in his cereal very time he eats so I know hes getting the recommended amount. hes barely got is front two teeth, bu should he be getting other things? His grandmother gave him a baby cookie and he was fine but I couldnt even eat my supper because I was so damn afraid he was going to choke, the kid loves to eat, and I feel like I should start giving him more food, but I don know what to give him, and doctors all have different opinions and his doctor is on maternity ave so hes seen three different doctors in the offic for shots, sick visits etc. and they all tell me different things. someone help me!

lilmama31709

Asked by lilmama31709 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine were on mostly table foods at that age, completely before 9 months.

I gave baby food at the three meals and at 6 months introduced finger and table foods. My kids did well with it. Just keep in mind that he is learning to eat, and there is a difference between choking and gagging. Gagging is how they learn to clear their own throat of food should it become lodged.

I'll not tell you what you should do with him...but will offer what I did with my kids.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My son is 10 months now, hes been eating table foods for awhile, im still working on giving him a variety, give him things like oatmeal, and mashed potatoes...and creamy table food and go from there! you could give him all types of things if u wanna blend them!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I switched my son completely to table foods when he was around 8 months and he ate whatever we were having for dinner with few exceptions. He didn't get any teeth until he was 10 months old, but since they use their molars to chew anyway and most kids dont' have those until much later it.'s not an issue. They can gum most foods. Some of his favorites were bananas, green beans, corn, whole wheat rotini, and french toast

Answer by missanc at 1:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i thought you were not supposed to mix cereal in the formula ? breast milk/formula is supposed to be the main source of nutrition for the first 12 months of life. i think 2 meals a day of purees is good :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009