Anyone taking Depo or did take it?

I asked this once but didn't get many responces. I am going to be starting soon. Who is taking it, how is it working for you?

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 1:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did and LOVED it. None of the possible side effects (I actually lost a little weight). No period. Got pregnant quickly & easily after stopping. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Anonymous

• I took it once and I hated it. I wont take it again. It made me bleed for most of the time I was on it.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 1:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was on it for about 18 months because it was easiest for me. It was very effective as birth control because it made sex virtually impossible. I had many yeast infections, a lot of spotting, and tons of acne. That doesn't exactly put a lady in the mood.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes for 3 months and I hated every second of it.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Imo its the worst i was on it for almost 2 years i had no period but gained 30 lbs lost alot of hair i had no sex drive it made me very mean i was always jumping on my husband my face broke out very bad! i was crazy while on it! hope its def for you
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 1:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was on it for about 3 months....it was a great birth control method - I had a constant period - 7 days is nothing compared to 3 months of it. ick.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I used depo for 6 months and gained alot of weight!! I stopped getting the depo shot and had the Mirena IUC put in almost 2 years ago and lost 30lbs pounds.. I was 164lbs now im 129lbs. I would recommend Mirena if u already have children and dont want anymore for at least 5 years..
    Wow2boyz

Answer by Wow2boyz at 4:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• yes i did..worst mistake of my life. it almost made me sterile..i didnt have a period for 2 years..i was off of it after 9 months...and my son and daughter are 5 years apart..and we have never used protection. my daughter is almost 2 now and we've had sex many times and no protection..i also gained 50 pounds.
    Ashisexhausted1

Answer by Ashisexhausted1 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was on it for about a year. I hated it. I had random, sporadic periods - probably only about 3 through the course of ntaking it but I had no idea that they were coming. I also gained about 20 pounds that I'm having a terrible time getting rid of. Also, every time I got the shot, my leg would ache for about 4 or 5 days. I got the shot in my hip.... my my leg on whichever side I got it on would hurt.... and lastly, when I went off the shot, I bled for 9 weeks straight. It was terrible. I'll never go back on it.
    Datina

Answer by Datina at 5:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009