Leaving your baby in baby devices too long.. ??

My 7 mo just figured out he LOVES his jumperoo yesterday.. um...

So now he yells a lot and tries "jumping" all over me when I take him out of it and he can sortof crawl (he does the roll over roll over thing and drags himself) and keeps going toward it and "jumping" excitedly on the floor when he gets himself close to it...

How long can I leave him in it?? He just spent 20 minutes in it giggling most of the time and then got quiet and I looked (he's one foot behind me so yes he is supervised) and he fell asleep..

Should I take him out or let him sleep in it.. ? Should I hide it in the stairwell the rest of the day and not let him use it or should I just let him use it when he wants to use it??

I figure it'll lose its magic but until then I don't know how long is too long or what..

I just don't know .. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dunno... my daughter always hated all of those types of things. Her swing, her walker... my mom insisted on buying both of those things for her and she hated them both.

I would try to not let him play in it for too long. A couple times at 20 or 30 minutes a day would be plenty. Those types of toys can inhibit proper leg development (because they are held in an unnatural position).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't let him sleep in it.
    Anonymous

• Mine got tired of hers about about 20 or 30 minutes, but she did use it more than once a day. As long as there are other activities, too, it should be fine.
    Anonymous

• I had a jumping thing for my oldest. He did not use it too much, I think cat liked it more. But he had fell asleep in it and I left him sleep in it. It was only a nap not all night. He would be using his leg muscles of strengthening them so I do not see an issue of him being in it.
    dragonbabe

Answer by dragonbabe at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have read that they shouldn't be in a swing, stationary walker, etc for more than 30 minutes at a time. Mine loved his too, but I wouldn't let him sleep in it.

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Mine doesn't like his jumper:( I wish he did he's all over the place.
    Anonymous

• i dont know. i let my son sleep in his swing. he loves it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't let him sleep in the jumpy. Mine all loved it too, and sometimes they'd be in it for an hour or more at a time - because they'd scream if we took them out! Even after a few months, when they were almost getting too big for it, they'd want to be in it for a long amount of time. Same with the walker, they all loved it. I figured as long as they were happy let them play! Mine all walked "on time" (around their 1st birthday) too with no issues.
    Anonymous

• My son too loved his Jumparoo, so I let him jump in it as long as he wanted to. He fell asleep in it, and knowing if I moved him he'd wake up, I just let him sleep in it. Not the most comfortable way to sleep I would think, but he didn't seem to mind. I don't see any harm in letting him jump in it as long as he wants to. He'll let you know when he's ready to get out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My five month old just figured out that she loves hers too. I would say don't let him sleep in it but feel free to leave him in there if he wants to be in there. I think that limiting his time in it is like telling him he can only play with a toy for a little bit. He wouldn't understand.
    grumpybear0219

Answer by grumpybear0219 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009