Need cheap birthday ideas 2yr old Birthday Girl!!! HELP MOMMAS!!

Ok so this year has been hellish to say the least. I went through a horrible split with the father of my lil girl back in February. Coming out of being a stay at home mom to know trying to find my way into the work force and make ends meet. I have so much debt and cant seem to get ahead.

I really want to have a great birthday for my lil girl but funds are lower than low and with no help from her father Im feeling helpless. I have 1 month to make this happen. Any ideas ladies....Itd be very appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Mommy2Mia07

Mommy2Mia07

Asked by Mommy2Mia07 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well first of all I suggest you don't invite too many peoople. Try to keep it intimate. The more people the more food you have to buy to feed them. You can have it at a park or your house. Im not sure if you live in a apartment or house. Don't do Chuck E. Cheese I think that would be more expensive. You can just make hamburgers and hot dogs. That is not too expensive. The kids could play like water balloon toss, pin the tail on the donkey. You can also make her a birthday cake. $2 box of frosting and $2 box of cakemix. Hope I helped. Good luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• At 2 years old, it will hardly matter to her or be remember-able. The Dollar store has crayons, coloring books, jump ropes, party hats, streamers, playing cards, etc.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• At 2 she'll love and be excited by just about anything different. It doesn't take much to make a 2 yo feel like she's having the best party ever. You can get balloons and streamers at the Dollar store and make the cake or cupcakes yourself. Play some lively music. 2 year olds can have funn with boxes - you can get a big one and use markers and sicsors to make into a house or a castle. I'd only invite a few close relatives. Also, I bet your mom would love to help. Hang in there mom!
    Anonymous

• I agree with all of the above :) Invite 2 close friends with just 2 -4 children attending party. Make your cake 1.50 for frosting, 2.00 box cake, 2.00 for decor icing. $10- $20 for food, hot dogs, buns and chili, 2- 2liter sodas OR order 2 pizzas from tha cheapest pizza place.
    $25.00 total for party.

AND

Buy 8- $1.00 small gifts from dolalr store and 1- $1.00 game like pin -the -tail

$35.00 max for a small, intimate but fun for a two year old party.

I hope this helps
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 4:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• personally, I'd skip the party all together and do something special with her. She's too young to really appreciate a party or even to miss it so why add to your stress? The dollar store is absolutely a great place to find little things for a 2 yr old. They don't know or care how much you spent but love to open things. Doing something special with her doesn't need to be expensive. It can be the local park or something else she likes to do. Make cookies and let her help decorate them (you can get pens that write on cookies to make it easy). let her have her favorite foods all day. That sort of treat can mean more than a party. (For what it's worth, my son turned 2 this past April and we had only my parents over. He loved the attention from his grandparents and didn't miss the rest of the fuss.)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009