why isnt my son going to the potty ful time, when he is trained, but just doesnt wanna go?

i have a 4 yr old, and he does go in the potty, but i guess when he dont feel like going, he goes in his underwear? is there something i should be concerned about? or is he being lazy? all honesty is needed!!

mrs.vanessa

Asked by mrs.vanessa at 1:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He must be lazy or something else is going on. I know that when they wet the bed, there is a bigger issue then just being lazy. I used to get upset when my son would wet the bed after not wetting the bed and when I read about it, it made me cry because they is so much more issues involved with it.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it is just they are so distracted they don't realize they have to go, or figure it can wait but it doesn't. Opppss.

Accidental, that is what I think, I don't think it is laziness.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have a 5 year old who just simply forgets to go sometimes and has accidents. She is bad to poop her pants thinking she is passing gas. And her 7 yr old sister wet her pants the other day on purose, because she was sent to the corner for punishment. My cousin refused until she was almost 5 to use the toilet, she was afraid of the toilet. All kids are different. You have to see what is going on with him. Remind him every so often to go to the bathroom and get him to at least try even if he does not have to.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009