omg...people are in an uproar about sesame street??

Sesame street did a broadcast where Grouch was a reporter on GNN (Grouch News Network) well there was a part where a king and queen were hugging and kissing him, and his mother called in an outrage (you know grouches don't like hugging and kissing) saying "hugging and kissing? that is it, i am changing the channel, from now i'm watching POX news, now there's a trashy news show!"

people are upset about this! it's just a kids show, it's not like the kids are actually going to understand it!

what do you think of it? (if i find a link i'll post it, i saw it on The View this morning)

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They were mocking CNN and FOX, I don't see the problem. If they only did one and not the other, maybe....a big FAT MAYBE....But it was a play on words and included two different channels

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• what do you think of it? (if i find a link i'll post it, i saw it on The View this morning)

When did they broadcast that?Google for weeks has had Sesame street characters decorating their google letters. I was wondering why lol.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• That's silly. It Oscar the grouch. Kind of like the purple teletubby was gay or sponge bob was gay. I never got that out of watching the shows. I personally find the wiggles creepy. I don't boycot it though. JMO.
    Anonymous

• If parents don't like it, they have overall control. Fairly Odd Parents mocks Government Health Care.
    I thought it was funny that the new show "V" has been accused of mocking Obama. To each their own.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I thought it was funny that the new show "V" has been accused of mocking Obama. To each their own.

I haven't seen the new one but I remember the old one - hysterical. Though, I'd be more inclined to think They Live than V.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• When did they broadcast that?Google for weeks has had Sesame street characters decorating their google letters. I was wondering why

Sesame Street's Birthday.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think it's SS's 40 year anniversary. I think the take off is funny and is geared more to those that watched it years and years ago and it likely goes over the head of their demographic. I don't know why people make such a big deal about it. I went to Nordstrom this weekend and saw that they are selling Elmo dolls and they had someone dressed as Elmo walking around the Children's Dept. I didn't put it together until I saw in the paper yesterday that this is their 40th year.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/11/09/2009-11-09_conservatives_grouchy_over_sesame_streets_fox_news_jibe.html

found it
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• People are dumb.
    Anonymous

• I think its pretty crappy. I mean basically they are saying that CNN should be the GOOD channel and Fox a "trashy news show" way to push an agenda on 5 yr olds. I think it was immature of the channel. I wont be making call or boycotting I never have liked Sesame Street, but I would like to point out that YET AGAIN adults, who arent the parents, are trying to push a left agenda. Even if it is small and basically insignificant and if this had been something against Obama or his policy or any right wing agenda there would have been problems. Hey lefty people, how bout you stay away from kids huh....I wont push my agenda on YOUR kids if you stay away from mine. :) Thanks.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2009