What annoys you with questions on CM? Grammar? Run ons? Not actually asking a question?

Just curious of the things that bother people. : )

A few of my annoyances are AWFUL grammar. Grammar where you really can't understand what the OP is trying to say (I'm not talking about a few misspelled words). Also, it irks me when people don't use punctuation whatsoever.

Also, I don't get why some people use ALL CAPS IN EVERYTHING THEY SAY. I FEEL LIKE I'M GETTING YELLED AT.

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 2:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• GETTING SCREAMED AT and not asking a question since it's the 'answers' forum. Grammar doesn't bother me since this is a world-wide site, some aren't fluent in english and even spell check will not know what they are trying to type so it will not work.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Bad grammar used to bother me but then I thought of the fact that not everyone on here speaks English as a first language so I let that one go. I HATE THE POSTS THAT SCREAM AT YOU! It also annoys me when someone asks for opinions then when they get differing ones, they get mad and start with the name calling. You asked! Don't want to hear the truth, don't answer the question.

Anonymous

• What bothers me actually is the people who get all itchy about grammar and spelling. Then when they are so kindly pointing out the first person's error, they make a worse error. I got extremely annoyed by someone doing it, so I did the same thing to her. You can't be the grammar po-po if you ain't gots no good grammars.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The totally fake anon questions in the "just for fun" section
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tactless answers that show disrespect and really bad grammar or text writing to where it's difficult to read the question.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Honest answers is all that matters to me. G
    rammar a little bit, only if you can tell they can not write, it is sad. I don't get mad, my heart breaks.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• People that are obviously looking to cause drama are the ones that bother me the most. Second to that are the people that brag about their education and yet they can't spell or use extremely poor grammar. I don't mind anonymous posts, however, I get irritated when someone puts themself as anon. just to say something mean and nasty. If you're gonna say something bitchy, at least be woman enough to stand behind it lol. I think that about covers it lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yep - I'm w/nicolemstacy, the people who post mean answers anon are my pet peeve on CM.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I can't stand the people who post a a question but don't really want to hear what people have to say. They are full of excuses.

I can't stand when people feel the need to personaly attack people for their opinions.

Oh and this is especially for in the Money section, people posting the SAME question over and over and over. The most popular question that is asked what seems like ten times a day every day is "How can I make money from home?" UGH, scroll through and look at the rest of the answers. Look for something don't expect it to come to you.

kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I agree with the anon thing too. There's women who legit want to ask questions without being known, but so many people abuse the anon button. Grow ovaries if you are going to be a rude bitch about something. Even if you want to be a bitch without being known, um read the statement next to the box you check to go anon. Hiding isn't going to help protect you.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2009