When was the last time you saw your husband/boyfriend/SO crying?

And what was he crying about?
Does he cry often, or hardly ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In July my husband got 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his arms and legs. The last time I saw him cry was a few days later when he was on the phone to our son trying to explain to him why daddy couldn't come home.

My husband rarely cries. The last time before this was his younger sisters wedding 3 years ago.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Mine rarely does, but on rare occasions he does and it is usually over feeling like a failure about something. He can be really hard on himself about stuff. The last time was a few weeks ago when our marriage nearly fell apart over a couple of days and after he finally realized he had made some mistakes and that most of it was his fault, I saw actual tears and the most forlorn expression I've ever seen, and it was one of the things that actually kept us together, because I realized he really did see how serious it was, whereas sometimes he just doesn't "get it." Also, I just could not stay angry at someone that looked just as miserable as I felt. It made me want to cry, to see him cry, because it was such a serious situation.
    Anonymous

• my SO crys all the time actually, he always has. he was just crying last night cuz we were fighting.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• about a month ago my husband cried because he was diagnosed with skin cancer, his aunt who died of breast cancer was first diagnosed with skin cancer so it hit home.. he's fine but it scared him for our son.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• A long time ago, before our first baby was even in the picture. I had had an abnormal test result at the doctor's office. I told him we should wait a while to have a baby just in case it wasn't a fluke and I had something I might die from. He was quiet so long I looked at him, there were tears in his eyes and I heard them in his voice as he said he didn't want to talk about that happening.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Just the other night...we got some unexpected bills, also trying to go through school and raise a child. We always ok with the bills we have, but when something big happens, car needs repair, etc. it just feels like whenever we get ahead there's something to pull us right back down. I always try to keep a positive attitude, and he's trying so hard to make a good life for us. He NEVER cries. Ever. It's hard to see him get that upset.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my guy never cries but he did on oct 17th when our daughter was born. i have been with him for 5 and a half years and i've only seem him cry 3 times until then. it was actually the sweetest thing.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• He never cries at all. I've only seen him once and he was drinking and telling me about his brother that had died.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• he rarely cries. last time i saw him cry was when our son was born in july 2008. we've been together almost 9 years and i've only seen him cry a handful of times. tears of joy and sadness.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• He cries when something hurts him emotionally or makes him happy. He was not raised in that macho, real men don't cry attitude. He was raised that a real man shows emotion.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2009