Any moms with lip rings/Labret piercings?

I'm expecting in my twins in less than 3 months and was wondering if it was OK to keep my lip ring in or will the babies end up trying to yank it out of my lip? I know it sounds silly, but it's just something that has started to worry me LOL

Mom2twins2010

Asked by Mom2twins2010 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No matter what kind of piercing it is they may or may not go after it. My daughter grabbed my nose stud. Hell, some babies go after earrings too.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i have my lip pierced, and my septum. my son is 6 months old now and hes never grabbed or pulled either one of them. the only thing he pulls is my hair & my necklace. i think my lip & septum are too small for him to grab.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• they might go for it (ooh shiny). but since you'll have it before they're is born it prolly won't even be something they notice. to them it'd be like.. seeing hair on your head (also pull-able).
    Anonymous

• I would think you may want to change it, if they turn out to be "pullers" lol Some babies tug at jewelry, hair, etc. others don't. I would just suggest changing it from an actual ring to a stud (if that is what you currently wear) if they do start to tug at it because a labret stud will be nearly impossible for them to get a good hold on.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was thinking of changing it to a stud, but I can't because of the angle of the piercing, it just doesn't fit right, I'm scared it'll get embedded and I can't seem to find any longer posts.
    Mom2twins2010

Answer by Mom2twins2010 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009