How can you tell if you have a keylogger on your computer?

I'm running Vista.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• With most of the newer programs, you can't. They are largely internet based and the software is so well hidden even a lot of spyware software will not detect it. I know because I have Keylog software on my computer. I can be on any computer, anywhere. All I have to do is log into my online account and I can see what is happening on my computer. And I still run my spyware removal and it never picks up on it.
    Anonymous

• Can I ask what reasons people use it? Besides catching a cheater that is.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My boyfriend, who used to be a network admin says that if it's a hardware one, you may see an extra plug between the keyboard plug and the back of the computer, and if you take it out, that will get rid of it. If it's software, for the most popular one, if you hit control, alt, shift, and M it will show you. Otherwise, he says most of the time it can be pretty much impossible to know, or find it even if you do know it's there.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009