anything i can do?

My daughter is 7 months old and she has been sick now for about 3 weeks. I have taken her to the doctor several times now because shes congested has a cough and is just plain all around sick. I found out that she has an ear infection so she is also taking meds for that but my doctor said there is noting they can do about the cough. Do any of you know of anything that I can do to help her because she starts crying everytime? I have heard honey from some then others say I cant do that. Any ideas at all would be great!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No honey for babies under a year. Honey can have botulism spores in it and it can kill an infant.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Nope can't do honey until one year old. Take her into the bathroom with a hot shower running-let the steam break that stuff up, use a cool mist humidifier-I run ours year-round. You can prop her up a little when sleeping too. Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yeah I know that thats why Im asking if there is anything else I can do
    Anonymous

• ya, no honey...try a steamy bathroom or get a humidifier for her room...GL its not fun with a sick baby.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my only advice would be the same as others have said... the honey (but only for 1 year or older) and the steamy bathroom. good luck, it is no fun having a sick baby.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• theres stuff by bioron (same people who make hydrasense) for coughs, you can get it at some drug stores. Its usually in the vitamins section.
    Anonymous

• No honey...risk of botulism is too great. Try some Johnson's vapor bath and give her a bath with it in a steamy bathroom right before bed. It should help loosen some of the congestion. Put a pillow UNDER her crib mattress on one side so that the mattress is on an incline...this will help with drainage and breathing throughout the night. Vicks also makes a baby rub with natural ingredients (very similar to the Johnson's Vapor bath)...it always helps my little one breath better when she's sick.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• THIS IS WHAT I DID FOR MY SON WHO IS SIX MONTHS VICS AROUND HIS CHEAST AND GIVE A LIL WATER
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Have you tried a humidifier in the room? We kept one on when our dd's cough wouldn't ease up and it really helped. Stopped her throat from drying out every time she coughed and helped her breath easier. We got ours from CVS.
    TopBrit

Answer by TopBrit at 9:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009