Is too much movement normal ? I am 27 weeks pregnant

This is my second child. With first one I started feeling movements around 18 weeks, with this one I have been feeling movements since 16 weeks. I thought my first kid was very active in my belly, but this time around it is significantly more. Yesterday the movements woke me up at 5:30 in the morning and I constantly felt movement till night (may be an hour or two break by afternoon). Is this normal to have so much movement? I am not even in my third tri-mester yet.

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 3:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine were like that. #2 was really active, all the time. and then #3 was even more active....she made the first two look like lazy little slugs. lol
    I don't think there's anything wrong really with an active baby.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Normal. It's only abnormal if the baby is moving around frantically as if in pain or something. You will KNOW if this happens, so don't overanalyze the movements trying to tell. LOL. In your case, movement is GOOD. If it's moving, it's still alive and healthy! Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• With my first, when ever I thought about my child she was moving. When she was born she only slept 10 hours total a day and was doing everything early. She sleeps 12 hours a day at 4 and still ahead. With my youngest I did the counting thing because she seemed to hardly move in comparison. She slept 22-23 hours in a day and is right on time. At 22 months she sleeps15 hours a day and is doing really well. So there is no norm beyond to little moment. I would predict that you have a healthy active child. Wait until you baby is born, and be prepared for activity.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009