Have you googled your cafemom screen name?

I never thought about doing that until I just read an answer to another question where a mom said she posts anon because you can google the screen names and all the questions and answers and everything you post comes up on google for the world to see! It's true, it really does. I totally understand that being a reason to post anon!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I googled my screen name and came up with 1350 hits. Absolutely freaky! It shows the state I am in, my political views, my encouraging words to others on THEIR profile pages. (Just when you think that it's private, it's not.)
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• just did...good times---i use the same screenname for everything so I got a lot of stuff back...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yep..and searched it on here, too. Anyone can see things you publically post, whether they're members or not.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• lol I am a song and apparently a breeder of Newfies and blue labs. I wish!
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 3:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• you can also see all of your CM posts when you type a SN at the top of the page where it says search
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• OMG that is crazy....when I set the privacy listing I selcected for cafemom members only ! I am annoyed ! :)
    Anonymous

• Not to sound rude, but nothing online is private. I don't know why anyone would think this site was any different.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My cafe mom stuff doesn't show but my journal entries from another sight do, time to change my privacy settings there.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009