Do you have meat with pretty much every dinner

Obviously vegitarians do not. But I never really thought about it until we were grocery shopping the other day. Every supper that we have -- the main "dish " is a meat... and then we usually have like 2 veggies. What do you usually do for dinner?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 3:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We hardly ever have meat. I don't like it much, and my stomach can't handle it. I was a vegan for 2 years, and a vegetarian for about 6. Now, the only meat I eat is when I'm about to starve, because it makes me sick. Hubby eats it sometimes, though. I tried steak for the first time a few months ago.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes, we usually always have a meat as the "main dish" for supper. Chicken, beef or pork. I don't like fish. I wish I did, but I don't. And shell fish is out of the question for me...because I'm allergic. My husband loves shrimp though.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 3:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• meat, a veggie, and pasta or potatoes or rice
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yup, we usually eat a meat dish for dinner every night.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'd say 98% of the time, yes. We LOVE meat! I could never be a vegetarian..haha.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I am like you Sterling... I wont eat fish either -- but i wish I did like it, because there are so many good recipes for it...

and we do the sae as you Shyma -- we eat a meat, veggie + mostly always some kind of potato, or pasta.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We always have meat. I love it. Sear it, fry it, grill it, do whatever, Heat it up and serve it to me. I love food in general.

We normally have meat, potatoes, and a veggie, sometimes a bread.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• We eat vegetarian frequently. Hubby still likes his meat, I make it 1 to 2 times a week now.
    Anonymous

• generally we do.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Funny, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I almost always have meat as the main part of the dinner, but I am thinking I'd like to cut back. Tonight we're having lentils which I am really excited about. I don't think I want to cut it out entirely, but I've been hearing a lot of reports of how agricultural corporations are hurting the environment, and our health. I was thinking if we could cut back it would probably be a good thing.

...but on the other hand I am a little worried that I'm being brain washed by NPR.
    Anonymous