Can anyone reccomend?

A good starter bible, with comprehensive stories in it that my 2 almost 3 yr old son would grasp, and understand (at least somewhat). He and I read childrens stories that are based on some bible stories (No No Noah, and of course the Christmas story when that time of the year approaches) But I want to start reading other stories to him. I have tried to adapt stories from our bible for him. I guess what I am looking for is more of a story book type version. I have my bible from grade school that he can grow into but not sure what to get for him before then. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get it for him for Christmas.

swimmachic23

Asked by swimmachic23 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://writingcanvas.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/taylor1.jpg

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• http://family.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/

if you go to the above link and click on bibles children and by age there are samples of how they read and pictures.

my sons first bible was the beginners bible and he was 1 - it was mostly pictures like most infant/toddler books.
    Anonymous

• Bethony James has a really good one. I used to use it when I taught vacation bible school. Its full of pictures. And if you do a yahoo search it should pop up as the first one. (search: toddler bible)
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 4:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my book of bible stories
    Anonymous

• Anon said it - My Book Of Bible Stories

I'm pagan and my kids have a copy! It's just that good!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

•  The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes. We have used EVERY Bible out there and this one is the best one for toddler age!!! There are about 5 easy sentences per page so you have time to read the whole story before they want to turn the page. I love it!!! And the pictures are really good too.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My son is 5 and has a read along bible from scholastic and the american bible society it has lots of colorful pictures in it you can pick it up at walmart for around $14.00 I am going to be getting him The KJV Kids' Study Bible when he gets a little bit better with his reading
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009