Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of doctor would i go to?

ok so here is my dilema...
I have HPV with a high risk of cervical cancer... so could that mean i am infertile or no??
also i have had 6 PIDs and am not sure if it damaged anything
what kind of doctor would i go to, to find out?

Answer Question

Asked by Ashlei_nichole9 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

Level 5 (69 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • obgyn

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • Go to an obgyn or an gynecologic oncologist.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • OBGYN Oncologist. Don't go to a regular OBGYN as he/she will just refer you over to a Specialist. The Specialist will write orders for you to have all the special testing done. When dealing with the Specialist find out what hospitals he/she has privileges at so that once you do become pregnant your specialist will also be able to follow up before delivery and at delivery. Some women think that just because they have Dr. Joe down the street that he has privileges at the best hospital 30 minutes away when he does not. You will be building a re-pore with a Specialist that you hope will follow you through so it is wise to ask all the questions and if you do not know what to ask call your referral line for your local hospital and they will refer you to a Physician who has privileges at that hospital.


    Answer by delmarnative at 4:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • 90% of us have HPV. See an obgyn oncologist.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • yes but i have HIGH RISK for Cervical Cancer... its not the hpv i am worried about its the cancer and the fact that i dont know if i was damaged from my PID

    Answer by Ashlei_nichole9 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
What do i do about a stinky diaper pail

Next question overall (Pets)