Women who have c-sections did not give birth, if you choose to ff then you shouldn't be a mother.. Seriously??

I saw both of the these statements several times in posts here in the answer section last week. I can not believe the arrogance and hateful attitudes of women who make these kinds of comments.
How do these statements make you feel?. Let me just say that I am not whining because someone made me feel bad about my parenting choices.. I could less what anyone thinks of how I raise my children and I do not feel the need to defend myself. Just the shear ignorance of this kind of thing leaves me shaking my head. Why is it nessesary to be so hurtful of other women.. why do you care how others give birth or feed their babies.. I mean really why does it affect you so much that you have the overwhelming urge to tear another mother down cause her life is different than yours? BY THE WAY I bf , I also suppliment with formula and have with most of my babies. I have had vaginal births as well as c-sections.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Obbydobbie, your comment just proves my point.. do you people not think at all before you speak about how your words may affect someone else. I guess that is not important .   In any case You are wrong- here is the definition of birth birth

(bûrth)n. 1. The emergence and separation of offspring from the body of the mother. 2. The act or process of bearing young; parturition. 3. The circumstances or conditions relating to this event, as its time or location. 4. The set of characteristics or circumstances received from one's ancestors; inheritance. 5. Origin; extraction.Obbydobbie- here is the definition of birth according to this c-section IS giving birth!

Anonymous

• There are idjits of every stripe. Here's the deal. The only opinion that counts is that of the woman in YOUR OWN mirror. Forget everything else.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• These folks have too much time on their hands! Seriously, if it anyone's damn business???
    Anonymous

• I think that these women say these things to make themselves feel better.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I agree with your statement...I wanted to have a vaginal birth but could not and had to have a c-section....I think other woman judge b/c it gives then a sense of power, they then feel better about themselves....I breastfed for 4 months and now I formula feed.....everyone has the right to their opinion.......everyone has different opinions on different issues, just be diplomatic and not ill mannered. And thats my opinion lol :)
    Danickasmom

Answer by Danickasmom at 3:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Why do you care so much?

Most breastfeeding advocates care most that there are babies that are not getting human milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It sucks to read it, but I try to ignore it. What really bothers me is there are women out there that come here for support and they are already PPD type state and upset becuase of different things that have happeend and then they see those type of comments. It could very well be the thing that pushes them over the edge. I think it's wrong to allow those comments. We are here to support each other and offer help. Not belittle others decisions.
    Anonymous

• in a technical sense, having a cesarean is not giving birth, it is having a medical procedure. i couldn't care less about a woman opting to go through that sort of pain, and risk- willingly. but c-sec are highly abused in the states, and women who are willing enough to go through the procedure even when it is not necessary, up the stakes for all of us, as it becomes optional, and common practice- widely accepted. doctors continue to utilize this option more, as it brings more revenue. it puts those of us against it, at a higher risk for that reason. money talks...

as for FF... we already know my opinion, i will not stir the pot.

why does it bother you so much that people judge other people? i will be judged, based on my opinions. what does it really matter?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Some people have nothing else to be proud of besides how they've birthed or fed their baby. If that's all they've got, I say let 'em have it. My identity isn't tied up in how I birthed.
    Anonymous

• They are just hateful bitches trying to make themselves feel 'superior' because they of course are paragons of motherhood and perfect. Personally I think they need to be slapped!

WHO CARES how the baby is born--- as long as it is born alive and healthy. WHO CARES how other moms feed their babies? The main thing is the babies are getting nutrition and growing- not starving, withering and dying!

Anonymous