I am so bored

Laid off in june cant find a job and teenage son at school. What to do all day???? Bored out of my mind. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• What kind of work? Are you able to network? How about volunteering? ANy chance of learning a new skill to help you get a new job?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You can come help me unpack my stuff from moving months ago. Can't get the energy to do it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I get a day like this once a week. I clean, then I watch chick flicks or listen to music.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What's alone mean? It's been so long, I forgot.....
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 3:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I clean house take care of the kids and then I sell Scentsy Candles plus I do some other little things on line.  http://www.scentsy.com/kblack   and I also am doing ClixSense which is free you will not earn a lot from it but it is easy to do if you would like to take a look http://www.clixsense.com/?2990924  

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 4:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.
    cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

• Something you could try... I work at home completely around my schedule and my children's. Don't know if that is along the lines of what you were thinking, but I would love to give you more information. I don't do parties, don't stock inventory, I strictly work at home! My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to talk with you and answer any questions that you may have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Many people are in your spot. I have chosen to do some coaching. I'm also being paid to share the coaching services, its win win.

With some success coaching you will stick out from the rest, i can say that from expeirience.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• PLEASE get in touch with me. If you could put part of your energies into your business, you would be soooo incredibly successful. Check out www.arbonne.com and www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com. I would love to send you a Discover Arbonne link explaining the business and "Why Arbonne?". PM me and I will send you my phone number and we can talk about this business that is booming and will continue to boom.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2009