For those of you who believe in God - Why do you?

NOT trying to start a fight, ladies! Just answer honestly and respectfully, please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because its what I believe in... I grew up with god being in my life... thats how I was raised. He is still in my life and I love him... he has and will always be there for me in one way or another. He forgives me when others cant or wont.

These questions are so hard to answer.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Honeslty -- because I was raised to. But there are also things that has happend that make me believe... even though other people might think it is a fluke or my imagination -- one time time me and a friend where climbing up a little cliff -- it wasnt like a mountain, but a good 12 feet high...and below was a rapid stream off of a river... with alot of big rocks -- I was only 10, and wasnt suppose to be there...but halfway up I got stuck...the rock that my foot was on fell, and I had noithing to pull myself up on & that was the first time I ever said anything to god or anything and I dont even know how it happend but I was at the top of the cliff.

Another thing I consider a miracle ..is that we were not suppose to have anoter baby after my first because i almost died with her.well after a year i did get pregnant -- and he is the most wonderful gift , but also If I didnt get pregnant with him , they woulnt have found and
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• and been able to treat the cervical cancer...Because I am not a DR person -- if I hadnt got pregnant I probably wouldnt have gone back until something was wrong.

there are things that even if you cant see them, you have to believe in them !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I heard a quote a while ago that answers this question perfectly for me. "I would rather live my life believing there is a God and finding out there isn't, than live my life believing there isn't a God and finding out there is."
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I just feel in my heart that he does exist. I like knowing that no matter what I can always turn to him. No, he does not pick up a phone and call me directly but I do feel as if he has taken care of my family and me.
    I can see why a person who does not believe or is questioning themselves would ask this question. Just like I have wondered why the people who don't believe, don't. I just figure they made their decision for a particular reason and I respect that.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I choose to believe in God because I see evidence of his goodness in my life. Whenever things look the worst, something or someone is placed in my path to help. I choose to believe that is my Heavenly Father looking over me. And when I am tasked with something so painful that I don't think I can bear it, I choose to believe that it's all for a reason...and it usually is. When I accepted God into my heart, a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. Knowing that He's there gives me strength.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I believe in God because I need God in my life. Life is tough, and I can't do it alone.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Same as beckcorc
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Love all these answers.. God saved me from killing myself during a difficult childhood. I turned to the bible instead of the pills.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2009