What do you think of chiropractors?

Neccessary? A waste of space?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are evil...at least for me. When they manipulate my back, all the muscles contract making it hard for me to breathe. For my friend, they are a life-saver.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• personally, i'd rather go to an orthopedic doctor, an MD. I used to work for a chiropractor and asked him to look at an mri of a lumbar spine and he couldnt even tell me which level i was showing him, that scared me away and i would never go to one.
    Anonymous

• Some are great. I quit seeing mine bc she misdiagnosed me and I got worse. I ended up at my primary care doctor and had to spend a year in Physical Therapy undoing what the chiropractor did. If you find a good one they are great. If not, watch out. Now I go to a massage therapist instead of a chiropractor. I also look online for exercises and stretches to help myself so I can keep as healthy as I can.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• There are some that are absolutely wonderful, and some who are complete scams. I used to go to a chiropractor in Wisconsin who was awesome. My neck occasionally goes out, and he would put it back into place and tell me to come in only if I needed him. Sometimes that was a year or so later. He wasn't the typical "come back once a week" type of chiropractor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hmm...someone with NO medical license manipulating my spine? Umm..no thanks. Bunch of quacks IMO...but I know a bunch of people use them. Although I do notice that somehow no one ever gets well enough with their "treatment" to STOP going to a chiro...
    Anonymous

• A good chiropactor is a wonderful thing for me. Key word....Good. : )
    Anonymous

• I went to a kids health fair with my nephew a few years ago and there was a pediatric chiropractor there adjusting kids! Parents were lining up to have this guy manipulate their spines. He said that all kids fall at some point and need to be put right again! It was absolutely crazy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I love my chiropractor! He's helped me so much with my sciatic nerve. I get my back and neck adjusted about once a month. It helps so much with my sinus pressure and migraines. If I get a migraine I go see him, he adjusts my neck and no more migraines for a while.

I also get on the stretching machine and good god that feels like heaven.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 4:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• They use X rays liberally, and they shouldn't. It is irresponsible. And yes, you are always supposed to keep coming back!
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Some are good, some are not!! Look for one that is also an MD and things seem to go better. If they just crack you back and ask you to keep coming back you have a Quack. If they manipulate and give strengthenimg & stretching, and set a treatment discharge plan you are probably seeing the right one. I prefer ortho's and PT personally, but only b/c I am a medical professional in that field!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2009