Any landlords out there or someone who might know what to do?

My friend and her boyfriend are renting an apartment together, well since they moved in he lost his job. He gets unemployment but just blows the money on stupid things, then he borrows money from people and tells her he has to pay them back before he can help with rent. Is there any way she can have him evicted?

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 3:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• yea and if that doesnt work then she can ask the landlord to split the rent so she'll just have to worry about her end. If he doesnt pay his half then he'll def get evicted the old fashioned way
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The only way to have him evicted is if hes not paying. What he does with his money is his business and not the landlords. However whomever is supporting him should stop and hell either learn and save or get evicted for not paying
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If you're asking if there is anyway your friend can evict her boyfriend as he doesn't help with the rent. the answer would be "no." BUT she CAN kick him out! That's what I would do! As long as someone is paying the rent, the landlord isn't going to care how the rent gets paid, just that it does.
    Anonymous

• If they both signed the lease then the landlord would have to evict him.If he's not on the lease I would think the police would have to be (should be) involved in making him leave-
    Anonymous

• She wants to kick him out but doesn't think she can because he is on the lease. Can she still do that even though he is on the lease?
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• She def needs to dump his ass. Why put up with a dead beat boyfriend? On her expence at that!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Ok thank you, so she should just talk to the landlord and see if they can remove him from the lease?
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If I were her I start shopping around for another place and remove myself. If she can pay the rent on her own thens she'll be fine on her own. Better really
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• They have broken up many times but because he still lives there she always go back to him. I just want to help her if i can, that's why i thought i'd ask and see what others thought about it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• She doesn't want to break her lease because then she will be stuck paying for it, that's the only reason she hasn't moved out yet herself.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009