I want to be a nanny! but can not find anyone to nanny for!

Im so sick of living with no money so I wanted to start working but daycare is going to kill me till I get out of school and can get a real job so I want to be a nanny but can not find anyone! I look on craigslist and email the very few looking and only one person emailed me back and said they found someone! could I look anywhere besides craigslist? HELP?!

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to your local hospital and post a note on the employee board. There are parents that work day, evening and night shifts that need a nanny. If you have a local skilled facility post a note on that employee board also. Type up a note and print it on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and attach pieces of paper with your name and telephone number. Include on your paper if you have a current CPR card and fingerprinting. Best of luck.
    delmarnative

Answer by delmarnative at 4:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 4:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• You should put your own ad on Craigslist:

SAHM to care for your child.
    Fun, loving, energetic mom looking for a playmate for my 9-month-old little boy in the N. Dallas area. We love to go for walks to the park, play games, eat messy food, and sing silly songs. I am available m-fr 9am-5pm and some weekends. I am CPR certified, have ** years experience caring for children, and impecable references. Will comply with a background check. Please contact me with any further questions at (email address). I look forward to hearing from you!

Something like that, but fill in your own characteristics and info of course. I found a wonderful family tha way. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• This is not along the lines of nanny, but I work at home completely around my children, my husband and my schedule. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, I strictly work at home! My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to give you more information and help you out! Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I would say advertise locally. There are always moms looking for help with their kids. Post on bulletin boards or even craigslist... But Personally, as a mom, I would NEVER hire a nanny with children of her own. I don't know anyone that would. It's only going to take away from the care you are going to give those other children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Sabrina, that's so untrue. Its actually GREAT for the socialization of the children. They get to play under the strict supervision of an adult, which is almost impossible in a daycare setting where there are several children and one adult. Its such a good experience for a child to learn to share and interact appropriately with other children, assuming you get a very interactive nanny who is very involved w/ the children. My daughter has learned so much from the little boy I nanny for, and the little boy has also learned from my DD. I truly believe that they will have an edge going into pre-school after learning how to socialize with another child outside of the family. They are now BFF's and ask for each other all the time. Its very sweet. Its just important to choose a SAHM who is involved and has good values.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009