how do you make a tutu dress

i want to make one for christmas and her 1st b-day

keithamy06

Asked by keithamy06 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Just type that into youtube
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• When you go to your fabric store ask about tulle. It comes in an array of colors!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i tried to look on youtube and I couldnt figure it out!!! =(
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2072479_nosew-tutu.html

wait!! I hope this website works
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i made my daughter a couple of them- what i did was to get some elastic at the craft store, anywhere from 1/2 to 1 inch wide, then i cut lengths of tulle (hobby lobby has some on a roll in many pretty colors) as long as i needed. then i took them and looped them around the elastic. say you are holding the tulle piece out full length, double it, or half it and slide it under the elastic piece cut to fit her, then you are goin to take the tail pieces and go over the elastic and up thru the loop. pull it tight and continue with each piece. i just used a safety pin to attach the elastic, but you could sew it together too quickly with a needle and thread. by doing it this way you can make it bigger with time or use the tulle again on another one once she has out grown the other one. hope this makes sense!
    mamaof2becka

Answer by mamaof2becka at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• thanks i just find a web site
    http://www.sweetnsassygirls.com/2008/10/how-to-make-halter-tutu-dress.html
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• www.nelliebugs.com -- I sell tutus. :) But YouTube and EHow have some great videos and articles. It usually costs about $10 to make a tutu, just make sure you use a LOT of tulle. Everyone always wants to skimp on the tulle and that's not a good idea. A full tutu might cost a little more but it's totally worth it! Also, I would recommend using a ribbon waistband rather than elastic but that is just me. :)
    i.heart.rachel

Answer by i.heart.rachel at 8:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• There are tutu making groups right here on cafemom where you can get great advice!
    MommyCakesinTX

Answer by MommyCakesinTX at 1:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2009