11 weeks and spotting

I will be 11 weeks will baby number 2 tomomrrow i went to the doctor at 9 weeks and she said spotting was ok since then it has gotten worse it's pretty much an all day thing but only noticable when I go pee...Also I don't have any pain . When I was pregnant with my first I bleed at like6 weeks and it was just really dark.... right now it's a really bright red color... I just want opinons before I call the doctor... also I go to the doctor on thursday so was wondering if it could wait

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 4:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, DARK colored blood that is still very very light could go either way. My midwife always said as long as there was no pain and I wasn't having to use a pad, then it could still be normal. As long as you aren't bleeding heavily and have no pain, I'd think waiting until Thursday to find out if anything is wrong would be alright so long as you've discussed spotting with ur provider before, like you said. (Unless you will worry yourself sick...then just go in and have an u/s as soon as possible to ease your own mind. ER's will generally do this if you can't get somewhere else). If it gets any heavier or you start cramping, see someone right away.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I spotted a few times in my first trimester..I was told it could be if I was to be getting my period around that time it could be from that. If your not cramping and its not enough blood to soak a pad I think you'll be ok..but you could always call just to verify and to calm your nerves. Good luck.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I would call and let them know it is bright red. I have had two miscarriages and did not have pain either time...just started bleeding. Good luck and I hope it is just a bump in the road for you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009