are these things no nos in the 3rd trimester?

squats, nipple stimuation, and lots of orgasms and takes primrose oil caplets.
i have a friend who is about 33ish weeks pregnant and we were talking about our pregnancies (im 31 weeks) and she said she does these things. i asked her why and she said because she wants to hurry the baby along. i told her that its not safe and she should wait atleast until she was considered term, but she swears that these things wont do anything if her body isnt ready anyways, so its not harming anything. but ive heard to avoid these things. am i right to worry about her? or is she right and it wont do any harm at this point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She's an idiot. Some who have never seen a premature baby thinks this way.
    Anonymous

• She should consult her doc. about the risks to the unborn baby before doing anything she hasn't been doing right along, particularly taking any pills.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• sure she should do these things, if she wants to deliver a preemie
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I would tell her to stay away from the caplets, but everything else my caregiver said was fine. They may start labor if it is imminent anyway, but come on...most of the time they dont' work even if you are a week past due with a nine pound baby. (Yes, that was me). Orgasms are safe for as long as you can actually continue having them, nipple stimulation only works if you start early and do it for a VERY long time at once several times a day, and squats are probably more likely to pull a muscle than start labor (for that reason, she may want to stop doing that though). I looked up all of these methods, and there are very few that will actually start labor unless you are at high risk for going into premature labor anyway, or are on the verge of going into labor period anyway. Otherwise, she's probably just wasting her time anyway when she should be getting ready for the baby when he/she does come.
    Anonymous

• Yeah the caplets are the only thing I see wrong. I will squat to pick something up but im not doing it for a workout or to hurry my baby along... Everything else is fine! Although I must say her mind set is way off from what a mothers should be
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i know that its safe to still have orgasms, but i was also told they it can cause contractions. and i figured with her doing the other things, it wasnt that great of an idea. i didnt mean that orgasms werent safe.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with her taking the caplets. Nothing garuntees pregnancy progression or is garunteed to induce labor. Sex, nipple stimulation are perfectly natural to do during pregnancy at any stage. It is safe and again isn't a garuntee for progression or to induce labor. The squats are okay for her to do as well. I did them with both of my pregnancies. I didn't start until I was 36 weeks though, because those can help bring the baby down further. Although, again they're not garunteed to triger labor or progress a pregnancy. She should wait until she is 36 weeks to start any natural remedies to induce labor. Definately talk to her doctor about any chemical based inducers like primrose.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:14 PM on Nov. 9, 2009