should i keep working had been spotting blood yesterday 22weeks preg

I work in a childcare center and look after children with disabilitlies. the child i care for is not moblie at all and is 4years of age so needs to be lifted everytime i need to move him somewhere even if if from the ground in to his wheelchair. Yesterday i came home from work to fine i had been spotting blood i was told by my midwive that this can be common not to worry about it and unless i can get light duties at work (which i can't) maybe its time to finish up but thats something i need to think about i am having a hard time deciding what to do. because they say its common and not to worry about it and ive still got 18weeks before i am due and on the other hand do i take the risk this could of happened for any reason it may not have been work so am i going to give up work to early for something that could happen to me at home I really dont know please help me! what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you should look into a dr's appointment where they can do an ultrasound, reassure you that everything's fine, etc. It may have just been a broken blood vessel near the cervix.. That's what happened to me around 30wks.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tough decision. Can you be assigned another child?

It's holiday season and places are hiring temp workers. You probably don't look very pg. Perhaps you could get another job at least for 6-8 weeks.

I knew a woman who quit her job early because she was afraid her water would break at work. Her whole life fell apart because of that and one other not smart decision.

Sometimes there is not one right decision. You have to decide and then do the best you can after you have made that decision.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009