my german shepherd...

on my door in clear sight it says beware of dog...i have a 100 pnd german shepherd.well i was out front today waiting for my daughter and i hear my dog barking his head off.(luckily he was out side)the jahovah witness lady walked right into my house...ok this is not a thing on jahovah witnesses but the fact that if she had come into my house and the dog was in here it would have been different.he is good out side but when he comes in side and im alone its another thing.hence the beware of dog sign.ive told her before do not come right into my house like that.especially if im not in the house and she is with my dog alone ..i dont want a law suit and i take very good care of my dog for it not to happen...what should i do.it was a beautiful day and i didnt want to close up my house...thats one of the reasons i have my dog besides the fact that i love her....aaawww.....

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pets

• hmmm...had the same thing happen but with a Mormon boy. He disregarded my sign and walked right in my house. Sadly for him, my Pit was not in the yard. Luckily she was sleeping and in order to have woken that beast up an atomic bomb would have had to go on under her ass.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Talk to the police about it. She's trespassing if you've told her not to come into your house before.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Also, consider a restraining order to keep her off the property.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Oh I am sorry I missed the part where you said she's come in more than once! My gosh what kind of nutter is she! You should call the police and also the Kingdom Hall she is associated with. They are not supposed to harass you like that and I think a talk from her pastor would be warranted.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'd call the cops on her, that is tresspassing.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• if anyone comes into your home and gets bitten on your property, you are not in trouble in most states. Your county government home page will give you the details. Where I live (Crime-lanta) if you have a sign and you have a 6 foot fence and your dogs are either inside or in the fenced area and anyone comes onto your property and gets bitten, THEIR FAULT.

You need to tell this woman she can't walk into your house for 2 reasons: 1 it's illegal and you'll have to call the police and 2 she could be mauled to death.

I play up my dogs' aggression. I act like they will eat faces beyond repair. No more strangers at my door.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ive told the ups and fed ex guy if you have to drop something off and you dont feel comfortable dont drop it off.she is scary looking and im not really sure if she would bite i have never given her the chance.(i think she might)but she is a shepherd and she is territorial she does live up to that...but she is also very partial as to who she likes...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• tell her you will have to call the police if she goes into your home again. that you do not want her to be hurt by your dog, but she must respect your home. gl!
    Anonymous