What size going home outfit should I bring to the hospital?

I know my son Madison is goingto be on the smaller size but I'm not sure what size outfit I should bring with me.

PrettyMommy502

Asked by PrettyMommy502 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Even premee clothes are going to swallow a newborn! They grow into stuff REAL fast tho, so I would say buy ONE really cute teeny tiny premie outfit to take his pictures in for the announcemsnts (or let him go in his birthday suit) and buy ONE pack of those premie onesies - within two weeks he will grow into the 0-3 mos stuff probably! And honestly in summer, don't bother with pants or socks, just swaddle him and smoosh a cute hat on his punkin head and he'll be fine! Good luck with your newborn! Ohh i'm soo jealous - enjoy his teeniness while you can! (I have a six, eight and ten yr old)
    thegoddessofwit

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 5:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• New born
    racheal1977

Answer by racheal1977 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Newborn or preemie. If you think he is going to be small, I would say definately preemie. Make sure it is something soft, without buckles. Babies skin is very sensitive and you want the nicest softest material. Also, bring a onsie that is premie. They can be in premie sizes for up to a month. Always put a onsie on under any outfit, since they lose heat so quickly.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 5:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Honestly, I'd say bring 2 outfits. One Newborn and One Preemie. Both my children were more than 7 1/2 lbs but both of them fit into Preemies. A lot of baby clothes nowadays are freakin huge! :D
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 5:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008