What is your favorite Christmas movie?

I love Christmas Story and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Mickey's Once (and Twice) Upon A Christmas, and The Polar Express. Any other ones I should check out this year? We normally start watching Christmas movies the 3rd week in November, so I'm trying to add some to my Netflix queue.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes! Love Actually is one of my favorite Christmas movies.
    Home Alone is one too - LOL! I don't care what anyone says! When I watch Home Alone, I cry at the end with the old man and the whole movie reminds me of when I was younger.
    Family Guy with Nicolas Cage is also one of my favorites. It makes me cry too.

I love a Christmas Story (but it's been mentioned).
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Oh and all the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen. The first one is my favorite of the three though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Elf and Christmas Story are my favorite. I also love The Grinch who stole Christmas (the movie)
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My favorite of all time Its-not-Christmas-til-we-watch-this-movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

A close 2nd is Love Actually.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• A Christmas story for sure. It's our family's tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve. They play it for 24 hours.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• A Christmas Story. Watch it every year when they play it on TBS.

We also enjoy Scrooge(the 1951 version with Alistair Sims).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've always been partial to A Christmas Carol. But they no longer play the version with the best scrooge...it's just the guy from Star Trek. Lol. Still good though. I also love The Santa Clause. Home Alone is a classic.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• White Christmas...Bing Crosby was the man.
    My other favorite that isn't strictly Christmas is Holiday Inn...Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire...hilarious.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Elf is diffinitely by far the best. It is so hiliarious
    Anonymous

• A Christmas Story--it's based on my hometown of Hammond, IN (or Hohman as they call it in the movie, but that's just a main street in downtown). Also, Polar Express or Annabelle's Wish. I can only watch Anabelle's Wish once a year because it makes me cry.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009